TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED
The following are the types of information we may collect:
Information You Provide Us
Personal information such as your user ID and password, name, email address, telephone number, physical address, birth date, gender, zip code or other information may be collected via the Site.
Site Usage Information
We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you visit the Site. For example, we may collect click-stream data and your IP address.
When you open emails from the Site, we may receive a confirmation noting you opened an email from us, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also may keep track of what emails we send you and what emails you may be receiving from The Oakland Raiders and our subsidiaries, sponsors, advertisers and affiliates. Additionally, we keep a record of what emails you have opted to receive and not to receive.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources and add it to your personal information.
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Site, including but not limited to those described below:
You may be asked first to complete a registration form and provide personally identifiable information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features the Site may choose to offer, including, but not limited to, Newsletters, Contests, Forums, Fantasy or other subscription based services.
Newsletters and Site Emails
We may offer free newsletters to share information with you about the Site, about us and our affiliates and subsidiaries, or about our business partners and advertisers and sponsors. You may receive a newsletter either by registering for a particular newsletter or in conjunction with a special feature or membership for which you have registered on the Site. You may cancel your free email subscription by following the instructions provided on the Site or, in some instances, in the designated area of certain newsletters or emails.
Contests or Sweepstakes
Surveys or Voting
From time-to-time we may request personally identifiable information from you via surveys or voting polls. Participation is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information. At times, you may have to register to vote or to take part in a survey.
IP Addresses and Click-stream Data
We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. Our computers identify your computer by its IP address. When you request Web pages from the Site, our computers log your IP address. Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request Web pages from the Site. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analyzed, this data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the Site, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like.
If you order any information from our Site, buy any of our products or subscribe for any of the services offered on our Site, we will ask you to complete an order form that will request certain information from you, including financial information such as a credit card number and expiration date and general contact, billing and shipping information. We will use this information to complete the transaction that you have requested, i.e., to deliver the information, products or other services that you order, and to invoice you. Such information is collected and stored through encrypted means for your protection.
When you register to play Fantasy games, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
The Oakland Raiders own the information collected via this Site. As applicable, the information you provide to us may be used to:
- contact you about the Site;
- contact you relating to your membership status;
- confirm or fulfill an order you have made;
- monitor or improve the use of the Site;
- customize the advertising and content you see;
- monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the Site;
- provide special offers to you from The Oakland Raiders and/or our respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties;
- send you promotional material on behalf of our partners;
- inform you of a prize you have won.
WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
At times, we may share your personally identifiable information with others for various purposes. The following outlines the ways in which your information may be shared with others:
- Agents: We employ other businesses, certain services and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, Site analysis, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They may have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: We may send offers to you on behalf of other partners. When we do this, we may give that partner your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, you may opt out in the email or change your preferences.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information such as demographics and Site usage statistics to advertisers, sponsors or other organizations. When this type of information is shared, the other parties do not have access to your personally identifiable information.
- Third-Party Ad Serving & Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: The Site may use a third party network advertiser to serve the advertisements on the Site or may use a traffic measurement service to analyze the traffic on the Site. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to this Site and other Web sites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or Web sites you might be interested in. Audience and Traffic Measurement Services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behavior information from our Site by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. Although advertisers or other companies do not have access to the Site cookies, the Site's advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser. Cookies allow third party advertisers to show you advertisements or content you might be interested in. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
- Raiders Partners Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your information (including, without limitation, personally identifiable information) with subsidiaries, affiliates, sponsors and/or advertisers of The Oakland Raiders.
- Business Transfers: The Site may be sold along with its assets, or other transactions may occur in which your personally identifiable information is one of the business assets transferred. In such a case, your personally identifiable information, which we have gathered, may be one of the business assets we transfer.
- Legal Process: In the event we are required to respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process your personally identifiable information may be disclosed pursuant to such subpoena, court order or legal process, which may be without notice to you.
CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND MESSAGE BOARDS
The Site may make chat rooms, forums and message boards available to its users. You are not required to provide any personal information when using these areas but you may choose to do so. If you post personal information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. The Oakland Raiders cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
This Site incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect and we have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Your personally identifiable information is transferred to our computers utilizing encryption software. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required.
A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS CONCERNING PRIVACY
CORRECTING/UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your zip code), or if you no longer desire to access our Site, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided to us. This can be done by making changes to your profile, by using an opt out message in an email, or by emailing the Internet Services Department at email@example.com. To opt out of Fantasy emails, simply respond to firstname.lastname@example.org. To edit your fantasy E-Report settings, go to your team, league or pool web site and select Options, then E-Reports.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to:
The Oakland Raiders
Attn: Internet Services Department - Privacy
1220 Harbor Bay Parkway
Alameda, CA 94502